How do you save money?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips about saving money on food, baby items, eating out etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Shopping

• We don't eat out... saves a lot!!!
    Anonymous

• We buy Parent's Choice formula and White Cloud diapers. Both are just as good as the name brand and a lot cheaper.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 8:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• sign up for coupons like huggies and pampers websites. also sign up for wic buy in bulk at costco its worth it. if you eat out buy from the dollar menu
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• We don't eat out, we use Parents Choice diapers which are a lot cheaper and imo better than pampers/huggies. And I shop at walmart. I save A LOT of money going there versus Kroger or Meijer, and I don't even have to buy generic. Also I buy meats like ground beef and frozen chicken breasts at the fruit market.. pretty cheap there but also very good. Any other meat I buy from the meat market. Make large meals and either reuse for leftovers or freeze the rest for another time. Buy things like toilet paper, paper towels in bulk. I also just started using a different shampoo/conditioner. We were buying the cheap Suave stuff thinking I was saving money until Tres. was on sale one day. I bough a 32 oz bottle of each and they lasted us a little over 2 months.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I buy the specials for that week and use the store card. I don't have time to clip coupons, but I used to do that. I don't buy more than we can use even if it is cheaper to get the big size, because food wasted isn't a savings. I do check the unit price before I buy. I make soup a lot, that is cheap, and I boil the bones from poultry, ham, etc to use for stock. I don't buy a lot of prepared food. We don't eat out much or get carry out. I shop once a week only, since each trip to the store uses gas and tempts me to buy more. I know I shouldn't shop when tired or hungry, but that's the only time I have. I carefully plan meals and leftovers- so if we have meatloaf for a couple meals, then I can have sloppy joe or pasta casserole later on with the leftovers.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I buy almost everything generic brands...I go to the dollar store before I go to walmart, before I go to like regular stores and stuff. It's more trips but I always save a lot more money and buy in bulk. Also, I don't go out to eat often and when I do, I'll cut corners like just get water w/ lemon-not soda or other drinks-, not get an appetizer or dessert, just a meal (or an appetizer and a dessert maybe). So yea, there's a few tips :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2008