I don't see him....

So my hubby works nights, 6 nights a week. I work part-time days, 5 days a week. I have SAT, SUN off. He has MON off, but remember he gets off at 5 am. So when I do get off work he is still sleeping, he has to run errands and my lil girl has her cranky periods right about when he wakes up. So i cant go with unless I want to deal with a crying baby instores vs my own home. So then he gets home I put the baby down and then have to go to bed cause I have to wake up wicked early to go to work. How can I plan something around this schedule so I can actually get some time with my hubby?

katmiksits86

Asked by katmiksits86 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Can you try waking up when he is coming home? Maybe eat something together, chat or snuggle?
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Do either of you have any vacation time? Maybe you can each take a couple days off from work just to spend time together.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm getting ready to go to work when he gets home. I feel like the saying "Two ships passing at Sea"
    katmiksits86

Comment by katmiksits86 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I understand your situation! I was in something similar years ago. My DH went to college from 8-5, then wen to work until midnight. Then he came home and did homework before going to sleep. He was too tired to you-know-what, and we had two kids under the age to 2 anyway. I did home day care from 6am-6pm, so DH never came home between classes, as it was wall-to-wall babies. I got depressed and lonely, but I knew it would all end when he graduated. So, the only solution I had was to stick it out. I could see the end-date on the calendar, and marked off the days until we made it. That's not true in your case, is it? How long will you have to have this schedule? Can you get a different job, or quit and be a stay-home mommy? Can you work out a budget where u wouldn't need two incomes? Otherwise, Make the most of Sat, Sun, and Mon night. There should be a few hours on Sat and Sun when he's not sleeping, likewise Mon night u awake.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 12:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• unfortunatly neither of our jobs have any benefits whatsoever. If we take a day we loose the pay and we cant afford even one missed day.
    katmiksits86

Comment by katmiksits86 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No end in sight. We had a plan but somehow it got lost. He works 14 hour shifts so He literally gets home falls in bed wakes up and does it again. Oh yeah and did I mention we currently live with my parents so even if we had a few quiet minutes we dont have anywhere to be alone together.
    katmiksits86

Comment by katmiksits86 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Oh my goodnes!! Where there is a will there is a way! Imnsire somehow someway something will happen and you will get the the alone time you need and deserve. Good luck sweetie.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I know your feeling. My DH does a swing shift. Every 2 weeks goes 1, 2, 3,rd etc. He is soo tired when he gets home, that I too feel as tho we are two passing ships. We also stayed wtih my mom for a while, talk about hell on high waters. ugh. But its still rpetty tough. Youve got us here, even tho were not the same as DH. We know what youve got goion on! Good Luck hon!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Well, since neither one of your jobs has benefits, I would be looking into finding a new job... both of you... so that you don't have to deal with this anymore. I can't imagine if one of you gets sick... something obviously needs to change.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 9:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• One of you needs to change your schedule ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2011