I wonder if any of you that read the Bible can direct me to the chapter, verse and book that talks about tithing. I was told this is the only place in the Bible God tells us to test him.

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 12:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Malachi 3:10

Here it is from ESV - Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Deuteronomy 26:12 It talks about tithing a tenth of your produce for the year. Also Luke 21;2&3 talks about the widow who gave what she could which was only two coins.
    syida

Answer by syida at 12:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I found Leviticus helpful

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 12:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• There are a lot of verses on tithing and giving, but the one above is the one you referenced, where God says to put Him to the test.

I will tell you, from my own experience, He has been faithful!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The Chapter and Verse you are looking for is Malachi 3:10. (Chapter three, verse ten). But I cannot really explain it as eloquently as this website: http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/id154.html . It says that the "test God" stuff is a myth, and that the verse is incorrectly interpreted. Good luck!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 12:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• YES Lorelei is right! It is Malachi 3:10:
    Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• So instead of simply doing your own research, you would rather have it handed to you. At least now I know how to respond to your posts. Just spell it out for you so you don't have to do anything or think for yourself.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thanks for the verses. I am going to look these up and read them.
    vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• thumbs up for YOU!!! :-0 now we understand eachother!!!
    vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Type "tithing" in the search line on http://www.biblegateway.com/  .... it should bring up every verse associated with it.

I love that site! You can even search in whatever translation is your favorite. It is an awesome, though sometime annoying site. 

Good luck! 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2011