How do I cope with abortion if my husband wants to not talk about it.

I have had a abortion and I cried many days and nights and my husband never said sorry or even held me, hugged me and even tried to listen, he said its hard for him and he doesn't really want to talk about it. I didn't share it with family. I kept it to myself and wanted it to be private. I have sad days and ok days. The depression is gone but I never forgot about what happened but if I want to talk about it, he will listen but I need him to be there more. Men usually get over things and shut down, but us women have feelings and remember these things and want to talk about them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• prayer. lots of it. i am sorry girl. i never had this happen and i could never imagine what it must feel like. im really sorry
    glycerinebaby

Answer by glycerinebaby at 12:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• *hugs*
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sorry sweet. I don't know what to say about hubby. If you think you need it seek help for your sorrrow. Make sure you live your life to the fullest now or all will be for not. *hugs*
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I understand and message me if you want to talk about it. Its such a hush hush topic and I have/am where you are.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Maybe you should find a counselor. Men deal with things differently than women do, so it's understandable that your husband doens't want to talk about it. I'm sure this is a very hard thing for him too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2011