New symptoms... TMI maybe adult content

So, I've had this pain in the lower left part of my stomach for almost a week now. I went to the ER and they done a CT scan to check for a kidney stone and checked my urine. The ER doctor told me that I didn't have a kidney stone, just a bladder infection. I have had both of these, neither of which has felt like this. I know that back pain goes along with both of them and I haven't had any back pain and I know that frequent urination goes along with a bladder infection and I haven't had any frequent urination. I had a c-section a month ago. I've tried to make an appointment with my doctor but haven't been able to be seen yet. I've asked this question twice on here already (ya'll are probably getting tired of seeing it lol) but recently I've gotten a discharge also. It's dark, almost brown and has pieces of like tissue or something in it... I know gross (sorry). And I keep getting these headaches. I don't know if the headaches are dealing with whatever is going on. I'm just trying to figure out whats going on. The pain is pretty bad and has me pretty worried. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 12:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Health

• If I were you I would save some of the discharge/ tissue. Maybe than can run test on it. Go to your primary care physician the ER will only do so much. I wish I could be of more help..sorry :(
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You poor thing! It sounds to me like you've been misdiagnosed. You may very well have bladder infection, but I think something else is going on as well. I'd get into your doctor asap. Personally, I think it sounds like it could be a variety of things, and it'll be best to see a gynecologist. I think it has more to do with your reproductive organs than your urinary tract. But, I'm not a doctor, so I could be wrong. Try not to worry. These are symptoms can be caused by a variety of things, many of which are common. The discharge may very well be old blood. When was your last period?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I haven't had a period since August 2010. I just had my baby May 23 and haven't started yet. My postpartum bleeding stopped like 2 weeks ago or so, though.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sounds like your period has returned. The dark discharge is likely "old blood". Mine was like that after my cesarean. The pain is probably normal,too, because your body is still healing from major surgery. See your gynecologist.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2011