Does it say in the bible how often you are suppose to pay tithes?

I was told everytime I get payed every two weeks. Can u tell me where it is in the bible?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 12:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You pay tithes on your increase.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I pay 10% on everything I get.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 12:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• you are told to give 10% if you choose to do that at every pay check (we do so we dont forget) great but you can also give once per year like in december equal to 10% of your total years income. also some say you should pay it before taxes while others say after, we give 10% of what we take home.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 1:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I can't remember what scripture but you can go to gotquestions.org
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• takes a villiage what religion are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Well, there is a verse in 1 Corinthians:
    1 Cor 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

It lends towards tithing weekly, but you tithe on your increase. Tithing on your increase (that is, how much you earned/received as gifts/found under rocks/whatever, verses off of net wealth/property value/etc) is more prevalent- if you didn't get paid that week, no increase!

You are called to give God the first-fruits (several places in the Bible, one being Proverbs 3:9 - Honor the Lord with your wealth, and with the firstfruits of all your produce;). That means you are to tithe BEFORE your other financial choices and obligations. That's probably where the idea of tithing as you get paid comes from.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 1:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Baptist
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I go by Malachi 3:10 in OT which I just love.http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Malachi+3%3A10&version=NIV
    10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

The only people who were commanded to give a tithe (tenth) unto God were the
    children of Israel. The law which God gave to Israel through Moses required
    Isael to give one-tenth of their goods to God. These verses teach the
    tithing regulations God expected the nation of Israel to obey: Lev. 27:30;
    Num. 18:21, Deut. 12:6; 14:28 26:12; 2Ch 31:5; Neh. 10:38; 12:44; 13:12; Mal
    3:10.

We still go by this today as a general amount for "firstfruits"...10% off the top.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You are supposed to tithe 10% of your GROSS income. So, if your monthly pay is $4200 before taxes, insurance, etc. then you are required BY GOD to tithe $420 a month, period. It's a bill, factor it in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Most of the tithing information is in the book of Malachi i believe.
    However Proverbs 3: 9-10 says
    9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: 10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

Notice it says ALL THINE INCREASE.

it also talks about the importants of giving cheerfully.. thats important!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2011