Annoying Ads

Does anyone else have that "Volunteer Today" ad on their cafemom page? ARgh! Every time I move my mouse from this area where I'm typing to the right column so I can scroll down, I'm going over that long, narrow ad and it pops up and turns on a video! I mean, like, fifty times already! It's so annoying that I'm going to close Cafemom as soon as I post this question! I've had it! For a few minutes I'll get smart, and cautiously, slowly, circle my mouse wide and clear of the ad, but then I'll forget, and boom! I get the first few scenes of the video again. Double Argh!!!

LoreleiSieja

Asked by LoreleiSieja at 12:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in About CafeMom

• LOL! Yes, I have them too and they drive me insane! Ugh!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I haven't seen those, but it seems like CM just doesn't get the memo about those stupid expanding ads (last time it was some sort of race scene and something from Walgreens). They take them down when people complain enough, then wait a few weeks and more of them show up. Please, CM admins, get rid of these for good!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Mines tellin me to become a super spy
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have not had these annoying ads on any other website. Also, i was asked to participate in a CM survey, asking me how the Hallmark program affected me. Something about how CMers were given a free product and asked to post about how great it was. I never saw any of those posts, but the survey didn't allow me to answer correctly. It was a wasted survey.
    LoreleiSieja

Comment by LoreleiSieja (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011