So frustrated...Pls don't bash, but I know someone will...

I am so freaking frustrated at my DF today, he has being trying to get a divorce from Ashley(his soon to be ex wife), for over 2 years and she just will not sign the papers. Well we thought that everything had been taken care of, as far as the divorce went, so I made him call today and find out, because we moved from AZ to CA, so we were not a 100% sure everything went the way it was suppose to. To find out that now that we live in a different state that we got to start the whole divorce process again and once again pay the filing fee and all the other fees, keep in mind that we are suppose to be getting married in January. And we do not have that kind of money to spend again. And on top of that they said it will take about 6 months to get finalized, and January is about 7 months away, so if we don't come up with the money soon, we won't be getting married when we want and now I am just so frustrated, I just don't understand why we got to do all this all over again or why she won't just sign the papers, I mean it isn't like she doesn't have a new life without my DF, I mean she has a new man and just had a kid with guy. Ok vent over

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand. DH and I decided to get married, so he checked on the status of his divorce (he had been seperated for 6 years at this point) Turns out his ex was filing extensions, and there was nothing we could do for 3 years.
    So, we bought a house, had a baby, got the divorce, THEN got married. Oh, then had another baby :)
    It's all good :)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• DF? Dear Father? lol

The problem is, is your dating a legally married man. You should have waited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I understand. I'm not sure what a df is but I'm guessing that is your man? I had to wait a while for my man to get divorced because his wife drug her feet.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• All you can really do is be patient. These things take time, unfortunately. Even if you have to move the wedding forward a bit, what matters is that you're together. Don't let you soon-to-be marriage cause problems already. And ignore his ex-wife...she's the ex for a reason. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Most of the time you can't get a divorce when spouse is preggo no matter who's kid it is... that could be why it took so long in the first place. I would most definitely fight having to refile. If the case was never closed where you filed then you should be able to continue until it is.... it would still be open unless your df missed something or cancelled it himself. If that's the case then you're SOL and should just save up the money and move your wedding date for later because there isn't anything else you can do.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• That stinks that you now have to do everything all over again and pay to refile..... I hope that everything works out, the divorce is finalized soon, and you can have your wedding as planned (and not have to change the date).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Marybeth is correct.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Not bashing, but you should put the wedding off until the divorce is final. That would be the proper thing to do. If he's still legally married, there is a waiting period (at least in my state) of 90 days after the court date to finalize things where you cannot get married in that 90 day window.

It would have been smart to get the divorce finalized and then set a date. This way, you focus on one thing and you don't lose money on a wedding or spend more money on divorce expenses. Best wishes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Also, marybeth is correct about the divorce granted without the wife's signature.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• DF means dear Fiance
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2011