I know a good diet is a must when pregnant...

Is it bad that I haven't ate anything today?
I am not skinny so its not like you could tell i missed a meal.
The other thing is I don't eat 3 meals aday never have maybe 1 or 2.
My meds have made me gain the weight.
I stopped all meds and such. Can a Not skinny gal's baby be ok if I don't eat every day?
I do take prenantal vitamins.
I am about 2-3 months with my 3rd pregnancy with one misscarrige. and a 2year old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You have to eat... Where would your baby get nutrients??? Prenatal vitamins don't have protein and carbs and fat which you do need even just to walk around all day. You must think of your baby.
    Anonymous

• you need to eat everyday..even if its just a few snacks and not a whole meal. I'm not a Skinny Girl either, but its still very important to provide the baby with nutrients that it needs and prenatal vitamins do not provide everything, nor an adiquete (sorry cant spell) amount. When I was pregnant with my son I ate prolly 2 meals a day..and they weren't big ones..and I snacked the other times..maybe just an orange or an apple. My question is why are u skipping meals? Are you afriad of gaining more weight? Becuz if so..secret! big girls gain less weight with their pregnancies than skinny chicks do! I was told that my multipule OBGYNs when i was pregnant with my son because I didnt gain hardly any wieght..I acctualy lost most of it. I think overall I added 6-7 lbs..which all came off the day he was born. need anymore help theres a group for plus size moms! I'm in it..and if you have any questions you can write me!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my rule of thumb was eat when you are hungry. dont eat out of boredom and dont not eat because you think youre too big
    my eating habits were all out of wack, one day id eat everything and the next nothing. while i was pregnant with my second son i was chasing after my 1 year old, and working a full time job, i was always so busy i would go 3/4 though the day and finally realize i hadnt eaten yet
    just make sure that if you arent eating regular meals that you ARE eating healthy snacks throughout the day. maybe yogurt, some trail mix or a piece of fruit
    i find that i nibble through the day instead of having those 3 square meals
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• As long as you eat when your hungry, I think its ok. Sometimes I skip a meal or two a day and feel fine. Sometimes I only have 3 meals and feel like crap. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Your baby needs the nutrients from food, so yes you need to eat. Sorry, but going a day without food is not healthy for you OR the baby! You don't have to eat 3 square meals a day...snacks are fine. Think glasses of milk, carrot sticks, apples, a peanut butter sandwich...if you can't at least eat those things in a day for your baby, then you should talk to a doctor. Nothing will be worse for you and your baby than developing an eating disorder!
    Anonymous

• Eat, but Eat smart. This is not the way to lose weight.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• You still need to eat. However, I am a skinny girl, and I never ate normal meals when i was pregnant. The first half I could barely eat because I was so sick, and the rest I could barely eat because it was like my stomach would only hold 3 bites at a time and I was full. And I still managed to have big, healthy babies. But I did eat. Just a small, healthy snack like every hour. Peanut butter is a good one, and lots and lots of fruit. Milk, if your stomach can handle it. If you're not consuming enough calcium, your baby will take it out of your bones and teeth.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2008