I need advice on starting a business.

My husband and I are looking into starting a tow truck business and we want to buy a hall that people can host their events. We looked into costs but we need to figure out where exactly to start to get the ball rolling HELP anyone.

mizzcjlj4

Asked by mizzcjlj4 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well, you'd need a business name for both businesses and to go to your county clerks office to check the books to make sure no one in the state uses those names. If not you'll be able to fill out the paperwork for the DBA (Doing Business As) Your states government website will have the specific steps and paperwork right there as well. Some states don't have TaxID certificates, many do, some states have this rather silly rule about posting your new business in the classifieds (thankfully not my state, NY, I don't understand the purpose of that one)!

You will probably at least need an EIN, which you can apply for and print off free right at the IRS website. Once you have these certificates and paperwork filed and approved you will be able to open checking accounts in the business names. And buy equipment and get started!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• bumpGood Luck to you!!!

mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sounds like two businesses ~ be sure to have enough capital to carry you 3 months or more on startup.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011