Has anyone gone to couples therapy?

SO and I went today for the first time. I've been going to therapy on my own for a very long time. He's never been. So today's session was more about him talking about his depression and how it's affecting our relationship.
Has anyone else gone? She told us to hold off on ending our relationship until Jan 2012. She said that if we're both willing to work on the relationship (which we both said yes) then we need to give it time.
BTW: we have a 3yo son and I'm almost 9mos pregnant. I don't know if I can put up with his depression til Jan 2012?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes and mine was written a prescription for his but won't take it cuz he says there are too many bad side effects. How ironic because so does not taking it!
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Depression is treatable... if he's never gone to therapy before, then you can't really blame him for not being able to treat his depression on his own. Try to get him outside more and make sure he's exercising and eating right.. imo, depression is improved a lot by just doing those simple things.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 9:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thank God you are going to therapy - it will be beneficial! I also agree with PP.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes, we went twice.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2011