Hi fellow mommies! I'm in the process of relocating to Sac with my husband and 20-month-old daughter. My husband will be starting at the UC Davis med school, and we need to know about a good, hopefully affordable, area of town that would involve a minimal commute, and that is hopefully family-oriented. I am completely new to the city, so I also need to know where to stay away from!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Check out ranching Cordova and elk grove. There's really no affordable area around here but those would be the cheapest and about a 30 min commute
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Rancho Cordova. I HATE autocorrect. Oh and I live in sac so if you need a tour, let me know :)
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thank you for the great info! What about within Sacramento city limits?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hi Anon,
    The areas within the city limits are not what could be termed affordable, but here are some terms you could pop into Craigslist when you are searching for a place: East Sacramento, McKinley Park, River Park, Midtown, Land Park, Curtis Park. Places to avoid: Oak Park, Del Paso Heights, Natomas (there are some new builds there so it depends), Tahoe Park (hit and miss).
    Email me if you have any other questions ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011