How do you say Thank You

I am pretty "old school". I send a hand written Thank You note on the mail. I think it shows that you thought about the person amd what they did for you. They appericate the time you put into it. Expecially with all the technolgly we tend to loose ourselves.

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• People close to me I just call or say thanks in person. People I don't know as well get handwritten thank you notes/cards.

I make DS write out thank you notes so he gets in the habit of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thats a good quailty to instill in children I think. I teach my children that as well.
    sunsetbeach81

Comment by sunsetbeach81 (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I feel the need to say "this is a ridiculous question!"!!! It's pretty simple and easy to say ..... I believe I have spoken the words close to a hundred times by now with no problem whatsoever!!!!! I do not understand the "old school" method of saying thank you. I prefer the oldER method of simply speaking the words to the actual person while you are in their presence, hey wow I guess that is weird to some of you people.
    Really......I have never understood this EVER....throughout my entire lifetime, it has always baffled me.........if you receive a gift at a party and you state very clearly the words "thank you" out loud and you know that the person who provided the gift heard you and knows that you were speaking to them directly, Why is it that some people feel the need to send yet another"thank you" in the mail and waste money on stamps when you have already said the words in person?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• lol....sorry, meant hundred thousand times!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think it depends on what I am thanking them for. Some will just get the verbal thank you and others a present to say thanks etc.
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 4:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• IT DEPEND !!! sometimes writing notes sometimes verbal ..... i dont think about it much cause it comes spontanus
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I still write thank you letters.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I too am old school--handwritten in the mail within a few days of receiving gift.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• it depends on the thank yous are for i do them for gifts that u get in the hospital or for graduation etc. other then that i just say it.
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I still send Thank you notes also!!
    ScheNoe

Answer by ScheNoe at 12:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011