What do you do for a girls 1st birthday???

So my daughter turns 1 october 28 and i have no clue what you do for a 1 year old espeically in the fall...Any ideas? please!!

Monique_Sophia

Asked by Monique_Sophia at 3:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For my daughter, I jusr had my in-laws and a few others for a small b-day, with a couple kids around her age. At this age, it will frighten them if there was too many people she didn't know. Make sure shwe has a real good nap, and clothes she can wear that u do not care if she gets dirty with cake and icecream. If u do not likealot of sugar, pillsbury has sugar free cake and it doesn't taste any different then the other. Thats waht I used and didn';t her sick cause of all the sugar!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I've been wondering the same thing! Lol my daughter turns 1 October 21
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 3:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yeah, she's too young to remember it or anything, so make it a nice little celebration, take lots of photos, but I'd advise you to keep it kinda small. We just had our immediate family, made her a cake, and let her have balloons (closely supervised!) and bubbles.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We just had a bbq at home with close friends and family. It was nice, not too stressful and didnt cost big bucks. We save the bigger parties to ages that kids remember it and can take part in planning it.
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 4:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I gave my dd a b-day party that was just a family get together at mky MIL's house it was fun she loved it! we got tons of pics!
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 4:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have been curious about the same thing lately....I kind of want to do a theme, like disney princesses or something. Even though she won't remember it, I will and we will have TONS of pics of it for her....by the way my little girl turns 1 on Oct. 10!!!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• keep it simple, your daughter might not be awake for the celebration, I would keep all the big plans for when their older, My son turned one last year in Oct and we did a small cake and everyone had chili, they really enjoyed that. Oh and Kept to family only.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011