Sweaty Feet??

My DS is 4 months old and his Feet Sweat really bad when they get cold! like after i take his socks off and his feet start getting cold they start Sweating really really bad... its kinda gross?? any Idea why?

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know why that happens but I've heard of it plenty times, it's normal. If you use baby powder, just make sure it's talc free (Burt's Bees has a real good one).
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• my 6 month's old feet stink!! wondering if that is normal... they are cold most of the time too.
    Anonymous

• Try Gold Bond powder or Baby Powder in his socks or on the feet after you take the socks off.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Thoracoscopic sympathectomy (TST), performed by a thoracic surgeon, snips the sympathetic nerve controlling sweat production by the hands and feet but does not affect sweating in other parts of the body, such as under arms. (Another surgical procedure, retrodermal curettage, is done to stop arm pit sweating.) A procedure similar to TST deactivates the nerve but does not snip it, so that the operation is reversible
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2008