Would you be willing to pay $2.00 a month to help pay down the national debt?

There are approximately 150 million working adults in the USA as of 2010. If every one of those working people paid $2.00 a month in a tax that would ONLY go to pay down the debt (the money would not get spent on anything else!) We could pay 300 million dollars a month toward the national debt. Would you be in favor of something like this? Why or why not?

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 4:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought that's why we pay taxes?? The government is spending to much. We the people are doing our job by paying our taxes.

Answer by louise2 at 5:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I agree with louise2
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My husband pays enough taxes and as soon as the ink was dry on a bill like that theyd be spending the money on something else.

Answer by gemgem at 7:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Only if that idiot in office stops signing checks for bullshit we don't need to be paying for! We pay taxes for a reason and here our congress and idiot in office are spending money we don't have an maxing out and imaginary budget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have to agree with others. If the government knew an exta 300 million was coming in each month they would be spending an extra 300 million each week and we would be in debt even farther. Why? Because the fat cats in Washington are full of ways to spend money. Our check signers need to learn to be more frugal before the American people need to be giving them any more money to waste.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I agree with scout mom. There is just no way the government would actually do what they are supposed to.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why doesn't the government just cut their salary?? We could pay it back that way :D yeah that will never happen...
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sure. We all benefit from tax dollars and over spending, some of us more than others, but under the right circumstances i'd be willing to pitch in.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• In theory hell yes I would.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 9:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2011