I have itchy welt like bumps on my arms that look like bites but I dont think they are anyone have any ideas on what they are??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Health

• dust mites are so small the human eye alone can not detect them; To see a dust mites, you’ll need a basic microscope. Females dust mites are larger than their male counterpart and can lay anywhere from 1 to three eggs per day.Dust mites are commonly thought of as causing dermatitis, asthma and rhinitis. Small children are also said to run the risk of asthma if exposed to the feces of dust mites. For example, if you sleep on a mattress containing a large amount of dust mites, you’ll notice red itchy bumps. These bumps are a result of your skin reacting to the allergen of the dust mite

texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If they aren't bites, could they be hives? Could you be allergic to something you ate or something in the environment? You are sure they aren't flea bites or bedbug bites or poison ivy?

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• read this it may help...
    http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/hives-urticaria-angioedema
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 8:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• hives. they may be a allergic or stress reaction. hydrocortisone cream helps the itch.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Hope they aren't bed bug bites - had an infestation in my building in the beginning of this year -- good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like bed bugs. I hope not! We stayed in a cabin over the summer that was infested with bedbugs. They do look like welts. If they are on areas where skin is exposed while you are sleeping, I would think this is what they could be. Google bedbugs and look at some of the pics. Also inspect your mattress. If you have a pillow top, they like to hide under that crease. Also look for small red or brown spots on your sheets or mattress. These are blood spots. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2008