Why do people care if someone blocked them on facebook?

It is just the internet. why do some people care so much if they get blocked on facebook or on here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Technology

• I think that it bothers people becuase they arent able to see what a person is saying about them, etc. Most people today are confrontational, and want to be able to defend themselves or retaliate. Would be my guess.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I care because I don't understand it. One minute we were buddies, sharing phone calls, playdates and our kids were best friends and the next she owes me $150 and suddenly blocks me and cuts off all contact. -OR- One day they just vanish and when I want to ask them a question, see how they are doing or just chat they are gone and I am blocked.

Clearly, it is one thing to be given an explanation as to why you are blocked but it is another for the person just to up and block you with no warning or reason. These are supposed to be your "friends" don't you want to know why they are no longer your "friends"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why shouldn't they be bothered by it?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Facebook is like we're all still in high school. So & so, gossip, and all.
    Bring blocked is like bring picked last on the okay ground, it just isn't your day.
    Tomorrow it'll be someone else.
    If she owes you money, she blocked you so she can continue to post about going out, eating out & having s hood time with your money. She could be paying you back with...
    Just my thoughts - I live facrbook, seeing family & high.school friend and their family. But some people just.put too much information!.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me if it's someone who never talked...but like the anonymous poster said if you were really involved with a 'friend' like I've been in the past..you're like wth?? I had one do that to me and we talked on the phone every day. It hurts. Just like an in person friendship. Worse so coz you can't do a thing to ask what happened?
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 7:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think I would actually at least a bit offended if someone blocked me on FB...because I don't use it like I'm in high school, but rather as a family/friend update and news feed. Personally, I don't see why people feel the need to use it like their diary, at the very least, it can get you fired or not hired from a job for being an idiot.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• A lot of people use facebook as a way to keep in touch with people they know in REAL LIFE. So if one of my friends or family blocked me, I would be really sad and wonder why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• no idea I really dont want to talk to someone who doesnt want to talk to me?

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have no idea.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No idea
    bcraine

Answer by bcraine at 12:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011