Does your family have a "black Sheep"?

anyone in your family who was or is, notorious for doing wrong.
share the Laughter.

shefree

Asked by shefree at 7:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Me in my younger days. Ive worked hard to step away from that mold and keep in touch/have a relationship with my family.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• let's see... my grandparents had an estate sale and my uncle rented a carnival weenie wagon to sell refreshments....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It's ME!
    Oddly enough for the wrong reasons. I got my license, graduated high school, graduated vocation training, got a job, got married, had kids, never did drugs, never been in trouble with the law and never had to ask for financial help from my parents or moved back in with them.

My sisters both dropped out, never got their GED, had children who they aren't 100% sure who the father is, have had to move in and out of my parents home, can't hold down a job, have had drug problems have had CPS take their kids and can't get their feet on the ground!

Welcome to opposites being the sheep!

My parents were/are the same way as my sisters so they relate to them more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have always said that my family is all black sheep, just not me. I'm the only one that never had a wild phase, didn't experiment with drugs, didn't take the family car for joyrides, worked 2 jobs as a teen, etc. I can SO relate to Anon, being the white sheep isn't easy when everyone else in the family can relate to each other while I've got no one to relate to at all. But now my family all look to me for advice and help, did I mention I'm also the youngest?
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 8:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yep. My son. It isnt so funny most of the time but later on sometimes we laugh because he really thinks his lies and things he is getting away with.
    A couple months ago him and his friend got drunk and went into the woods to shoot squirrels and birds. Neither are hunters. He got shot. He was LUCKY and when the police came to the ER he said he got shot in a bad drug deal. That he was selling drugs and got shot. At this point the other kid (who I helped raise FYI like my OWN son) called crying saying he was sorry it was an accident, he didnt want to go to jail. I had to go to the ER and talk to the police. They called the boy who was crying. And asked my son why he would make up such a story that would have put HIM in jail on top of being shot?

This is just one of many things my black sheep has done.

Answer by gemgem at 8:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yep. Me. I'm the exact opposite of what my family thinks I should be - Liberal and Pagan! And PROUD of it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yep. My dad. bahahahaha He's really come around and since he's pushing 50 his notorious ways have stopped. I'm NOTHING like him, my brother is following in his footsteps though and it makes me so sad. I hope he doesn't continue doing the stupid things my father did. At least he has the decency to wait a long time before having kids.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• That was me, not anymore but as a teenager. I was in Juvie like 8 times, did drugs, drank, sex, and i ran away and was gone for almost a year. I was so much trouble back then. then i got pregnant with my son and I grew up and am good now.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My brother, I havent seen or talked to him in 2 years. He tells lies to cover lies, he steels, hes an alcoholic he is 52 and still acts 18. 15 years ago he thought it would be a good idead to get out of bed, packa lunch for work go to work and never come back. Mind you he walked out on his wife and two little boys when he did this. Then a year later I find him and he is hooked up with some other girl he works with and is engaged(mind you hes still married to the first one), so i get ahold of the new girl and tell her hes still married and that he cant possibly marry her, she gets pissed but stays another 2 years with him. Dah takes one to know one I guess. So I just dont have time for his crap in my life the only one who will see or talk to him is my mom because she always bails him out, hes her prince.Hes 52 and she still goes to his apartment weekly and takes groceries. Now you know where he gets it.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm the black sheep of my family but for all the wrong reasons. I'm the "good daughter" and instead of appreciating that....it seems all they want to do is be judgemental of "the good life I'm living". Can you ever please parents?? I just don't understand it. AT ALL.
    I thought they "wanted" for me to turn out to be a good person with some goals in life etc etc..........When DH and I visited them a couple summers ago he commented "" I think your family likes ME better than they like YOU---What's up with that??". Ever since then...I have just sort of given up trying to make my family proud of me. I think their ideals are all somewhat warped. DH wasn't trying to make me feel bad...he was honestly trying to understand why my family would 'badmouth' me to him when I wasn't around. Go figure.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2011