Im not a political guru at all but...

I am wondering what the different opinions are on the recent decision to access the Emergency Oil Reserves. I was listening to the radio this morning and the democrats say, were just trying to help because of problems with oil in the middle east and the republicans were saying, this is a good indication that the economy is far worse off than we thought.. so I was just wondering that the public thinks....

MommaB30

Asked by MommaB30 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL Natesmom! People can't seem to grasp that logic!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• CHarlan, we don't get any oil from Libya.

Obama's poll numbers are way down, it is just a political move to convince people like you into thinking he is doing something, he cares. The oil he is releasing is just a drop in a very big bucket. Also the oil they take out of the reserves will have to replaced so the government could have to buy it at an even higher price.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The price of gas was already going down. This little drop in the bucket is not going to make the price go down. The oil in the reserve is for emergencies only. like if the oil coming in to this country was completely shut off.

If taking  oil out of the reserve is going to make the price go down, will paying for more oil to replace what we took out of the reserve make the price of oil  go up?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think Obama intends to have $5.00 a gallon gas. He is working hard in that direction.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It is time you understood that change in meeting energy needs is inevitable and that fighting

Who are you to tell me what it is time for me to understand? I totally understand the predicament we are in. I also understand that if we allowed the drilling of our own oil and let the PRIVATE sector research and develop something sustainable, rather than have government mandates for something that is not a viable alternative at the ecxpense of the private sector, we would have a fighting chance. And for the record, China is not investing in their own research and development. China produces what others create and develop.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

>>>
    To what purpose?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm 2

To push his "green" agenda. He has even stated he wanted high prices when he was campaigning and his energy sec stated that we needed to figure out how to push the price up.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We actually drill alot of our oil. The problem is we consume alot more than most countries. If the first cars ever made ran off steam who says we can't make an alternative fuel. Or maybe demand our cars get more distance per gallon.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 9:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• I wrote my rep reguarding 60 miles per gallon. What are the moaners doing....oh whining.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 9:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• it's a good indication of both and a lot of other factors.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Wouldnt dipping into the oil reserves lower the cost of gas some?
    MommaB30

Comment by MommaB30 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011