What what you do??

iam going to ask a question and what to get your honest opinion no judgement aside.. would you leave your child at a daycare where a guy was a babysitter there also??

MylilLondon

Asked by MylilLondon at 8:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a private daycare, i would be a bit worried about but I am uncomfortable with those anyway .. a public windows everywhere daycare, why not?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Y does it matter that hes a guy?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• ITS JUST A QUESTION.... WHY WOULD IT MATTER IF ITS A GUY?? TO ME IT WOULDNT MY DAUGHTER ACTUALLY GOES TO ONE WHERE THERE IS A GUY..ITS JUST TABOO..AND I WANTED TO GET EVERONES OPINION .NOT TRYING TO OFFEND NO ONE
    MylilLondon

Comment by MylilLondon (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i think the right thing to do would be to ask about any criminal history. the day care should have done some kind of background check. look into that. i would do that with anyone who i was paying to watch my child.
    honestly, i don't think it matters if your sitter is male or female. both have been known to do some sneaky things while the parent is away. spend a day at the daycare with your kiddo sometime.
    maybe, see how they interact with each other. since, you already have some suspicions your guard will be up and might make it easier to spot any clues.
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yeah, at the hourly daycare my son goes to sometimes there is a guy, and I think that is kind of nice actually.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'd be fine with it because I'm not sexist. Also please leave the capslock alone, it's rude.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No, it wouldn't bother me... my son tends to gravitate more towards men anyway. Any time there is a man/woman pairing- myself and DH, my parents, my SIL (who babysits him) and her husband- he always runs to the male. I'd rather have a grown man working at a daycare than an 18 year old girl, personally.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• depends.. if it was a small family run day care, I would not let my daughter go. If it's a day care that's more public and has more employees and he's not alone really with the children, like most larger day cares, I probably would be okay with it.
    But definitely NOT a family run day care..
    and yes I do see a difference in males and females as caregivers. There are very few people I would let sit my kids even. in fact there are only two people I can think of that are males that I would be okay with sitting for me.. my brother, and my uncle. (my dad, I love him, lol, but he's not the most attentive and doesn't always keep the best eye on the kids, so unless my mom was there, then sorry day, lol).

I'm otherwise very much against male babysitters because I was raped by one when I was a kid. It was my parent's best friends son who was 17 at the time. They'd known the kid since he was born.. you never know with some
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• In this day and time, you just can't be too careful. I've heard of mothers having suspicions and those suspicions turning out absolutely correct. I've also heard of people who don't believe in "judging others" or looking into their past and then finding out they actually had some bad pedophile history on their record that was somehow not noticed or overlooked because "well, I didn't want to judge". Go with your gut instinct as a mother should! If you feel uncomfortable for some reason about it then....by all means, check it out or take your child somewhere with all females. It's your child, it's your choice!!! I woud never have a bad gut feeling about something like that and drop my child off anyway just for the sake of 'not being too judgemental and hurting anyone's feeeeelings". Protect your child first!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If the problem is leaving your daughter with a guy, what about leaving your son with a lady? Either way, it is the vibe that you get or if your child starts telling you things. The daycare my daughter went to did not let men work in the infant room, but men worked in the center. I was very comfortable with the center, and I would have no qualms about a man taking care of her. IMO, a bad woman can do as much damage to a child as a bad man.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2011