JUST shoot me NOW...

OMG DH check was 307 dollars. I have 2 way past due bills and one sort of past due bill. This adds up to about $300. BUT we still need gas and you know food. Unless our food stamp card comes in the mail... UHG! What is more important Water, Gas(heater and stove only), electric(not as past due). We can pay 2. What would you pick. None of the companies are willing to help or work with us. WHY does everything happen to us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Was it less then u were expecting?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would wait longer on the electric bill. Have you contacted the electric company? Most have programs for those in need and also payment plans.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• He is comission. It can be anywhere from 400-600 on a normal eek
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• awh man thats scary :( im sorry hunny
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 8:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I believe that as long as you're making an effort to pay something, it can be $5 toward each bill and you can maintain legal rights. Unfortunately, I'm sure within their legal rights each company will no doubt tack on more late fees, upping the amounts owed even higher. Call a law firm or public assistance agency and inquire if this is correct. You need to eat, you need gas to get around, and you need your utilities. There is no win-win chance to have to choose one over the other. Make some phone calls and try to be calm. Good luck, hun!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Pay a little to each. unless this was your final notice bill. usually you have 2 months..1 onth to eaither pay a little bit or skip and the second month once past due they send a final notice or have the shut off date on the bill...if this is your first month then pay a little to each but know your next months bills will be higher.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I agree with happymama.. pay a little to each. as long as they get something they typically will work with you on things unless it's a constant problem between them and you.
    I would first however buy food... if you haven't gotten your card in yet, you may still have your approval paperwork, so you can also try going to local food banks for free food temporarily.. anything that's left, try to work out so you pay the least amount possible.. find cheap menu items that will last.. with what's left.. divide the payments to each bill.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• we are approved and waiting for the card to come in the mail 7-10 business days... we are on day 5.

I applied for 2 more places yesterady for me to work. Since I cna only work nights it limits it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I know that sometimes the utilities won't work with you. Two January's ago my power bill was $895. Not an overdue bill, that was one month. Long story but it was due on the due date and 5 days later they would cut it off if it wasn't paid, no exceptions. Try some services in your area. Catholic Charities is one of them that is all over the US. Churches can also help sometimes. You can go to a food bank and help with some food giving you a few days to wait yet for your card. If you gas is for cooking and heat only, I would put that one back and pay the water, you need that for everything. You can always use a microwave or grill in the meantime. You can get an electric little stovetop also which is portable. Good luck to you.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Ever thought of doing a Home based business? I can help you start nearly free, and if nights are what you have than that's yours to do...it goes wherever you want..and they legal aspects certainly can help you right now..Im with Prepaid Legal Services....you can message me if you like
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2011