How often do your and your spouse fight?

When you do do you call each other names or threat to leave?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 8:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• We have called names (hate to admit it) but we never threaten to leave. I have walked out a couple of times but I promised I would never do it again because of our son. He's only 15 months but I won't put him through that. We have gotten a lot better at communicating rather than screaming, cussing, etc....
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 8:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have only called him an asshole once in our entire relationship and never threatened to leave, thought about it and been angry but never made any action to do so.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We don't really fight but we have a good arguement once a month about grocery shopping. We don't call each other names. And to tell u the truth, if he threatened to leave I would encourage it because I don't have time to play that crap. We both have been married before and I'm 36, he is 46 so we know what we want in life.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We "fight" as often as is necessary to settle whatever issue needs to be settled. We never call each other names or threaten to leave. Disagreements are a necessary part of marriage. If the two of you agree on everything, one of you is unnecessary. But disagreements have to happen with the knowledge that they can be settled with love and respect.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We don't fight like that and we ONLY fight when his mom comes for an extended visit. She invites herself and stays for days on end, sometimes more than a week and she drives everyone in our home crazy. It puts so much stress on all of us that we end up fighting. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hm. Well we don't call each other names or threaten to leave, but we probably have a small fight once a month or so. Never big ones. Only big enough to be annoyed and go to different rooms for a bit.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Maybe a couple times a year. Not threaten to leave but we do call each other a name or two. Not our most glamorous moments that's for sure. This last fall we fought pretty much 3 months straight though and I think we were both thinking of leaving the other. We didn't and are now better than ever.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Not too often, last time was in Feb i think.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• We never have had that kind of fight in 11yrs. and I'm so sorry couple go through that. It doesn't seem healthy to me. JMO though.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• That kind of relationship would be the one I had with my ex-husband. 25+ yrs of that was WAY too much for me. I am thankfully OUT OF THAT!!!! I am now with my grade school sweetheart who went through hell with his ex as well. We've been together for 6 years & have never had a fight. We don't even argue. 1st of all, nothing is worth fighting over. Fighting never accomplishes anything positive. And, we respect each other's right to our own opinion. We are so on the same page that we've never felt a need to argue, fight, freeze each other out or call each other names. Our exes treated us that way. We will never do it to each other!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2011