• In the Spotlight:

How do you know when your having your monthly if you just stop that shot and you can't stop bleeding?

I stopped my depo shot in May 08, was due for it in Aug 08, Had some spotting in Sept. Then constant blood since october. Can i get pregnant in that time that i'm bleeding? and when do you know if your accually having your monthly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sure you can get pregnant but I don't know how you would know. Just a take a test every month maybe.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Thats the problem, i also have more than 1 kid, and had the same reaction, took the shot 2ce got pregnant right after i stopped it, but this time, i'm bleeding forever it seems. just comes and goes. and the DH is getting mad at me b.c he doesn't like blood. Thats what i keep doing is trying to take at home tests, i keep having mucus one day, then spotting the next, then heavy somedays. i don't know how to tell what is going on
    Anonymous

• this bleeding thing happened to me for about nine months, we are just now trying to get pregnant. i would suggest waiting it out, it will eventually go away and then you can try for baby, or get birth control to regulate the bleeding and after five or so months with it being regular get off and wait two months or so to try again. i dont know what causes the bleeding and such other than hormones like crazy, but be prepared for some crazy times until it does stop. i wish you luck in the baby department.
    chance010507

Answer by chance010507 at 4:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Ugh, I had bleeding problems after the depo shot as well. I got my last shot in December, and took a test every month just to make sure I wasn't pregnant. Well, come June, I was. The bleeding was very irregular from Dec - June.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2008