My 14 week old has had a rash on his cheeks for 5 days now what do I do?

His cheeks look spotted with little red dots they are not hot and he has not had a fever I am not sure what it is please help?

NicolePB

Asked by NicolePB at 9:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could just be the cold weather. The first few weeks, the babies skin is adjusting. I bought my son some baby eczema cream (Pooh on front) and it seemed to help his skin. You need very little, but it helps. If it's just on his cheeks it's probably the cold. If he has bumps all over, he might be bundled up too much.
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 9:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• babies pores on their face have to develop dont put anything on them it will clog them up. if it startes spreading then i would be worried for peace of mind call the he/she's dr. monday. good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• you know, my son had this so called "newborn" rash, turned out it was eczema. see your child's pediatrician first thing moday, don't forget you always have the option for a second opinion. monitor the rash and track whether or not certain things irritate his skin. what kind of laundry detergent are you using? my son is 14 months old i still have to use Dreft to this day. hopefully it's nothing serious. maybe it's just a reaction to perfume, lotion or material. i can only use unscented products that are "natural" or "organic". the important thing is to track any change, such as diapers, lotions, soaps, you get the idea? good luck!
    YvOnNeAKAmOMmY

Answer by YvOnNeAKAmOMmY at 12:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Small pimples or red bumps on face. Usually appears between 2 and 4 weeks of age; can be present at birth or develop around age 3 to 4 weeks. Neonatal acne

Pimply rash on neck, chest, stomach, back, under arms, or near edges of diaper or clothing; tiny blisters. Especially likely if sitting in the sun or a warm room or dressed too warmly. Heat Rash

Itchy rash usually on cheeks, chin, scalp, elbows, diaper area, and knees; dry, thickened, scaly skin or tiny red bumps that may ooze. Most common in families with history of allergies or asthma.

Eczema

texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thank you all so much
    NicolePB

Answer by NicolePB at 1:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008