Every time I get a call from this friend, she talks non-stop and I can't get a word in. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I've never told her because she won't let me talk!!!

Seriously, anybody else have a friend like this? LOL, my hubby thinks its hilarious that she doesn't know, and I can see the humor in it, but I don't want her to feel bad when she finds out....

I haven't seen her in almost 2 years. After we moved, we just talked on the phone, since we moved really far and she doesn't have a car. She has friends on facebook that I don't want seeing pics of my kids or me (one is a sex offender who is related to her), so I don't have her as a facebook friend.

The last time we talked on the phone was over a month ago, and all she did was talk about how she was thinking about getting a divorce from her husband of less than a year. How do you tell someone good news after that?! Since that time, I have been so busy with my teething, walking 1 year old that I haven't talked to her.

I just don't know HOW to say it now-Oh, btw, I've been pregnant for 7 months? Tell her after dd is born? Hey, don't mean to interrupt, but I had a baby last week.....? My hubby thinks it is a joke, and has told me not to say anything to her until she asks me "How are you?" or "How's it going?" or something like that. Is it bad that she NEVER has said that? Pretty much all she does is call, I say "hello?" she talks for an hour, then hangs up......Is that even a friendship at this point?

I really just feel like she doesn't care about me at all, but just needs someone to vent to and I'm it. We used to be good friends, but now....? What do you think ladies?

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• If it becomes an issue, play dumb and insist you MUST have told her about your pregnancy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sounds like my sister. she calls and talks all about her. Maybe she will call after you have the baby and hear him cry and she will ask whos baby that is and you can say well its mine i tried to tell you but you were always talking about you. LOL
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Have you had your baby shower yet? Maybe you could send her an invite?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sounds like a 1 sided friendship to me. Your there for her but she isn't there for you! I say just stop talking to her she's not really YOUR friend anyways!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Lmao that's bad!! You're a good friend ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have friends similar. They always know I'm here to listen but don't give a damn about what's going on with me. Eventually I quit running to their Beck and call and they leave me alone for awhile until another WWIII situation hits them and they have no one else to cry to lol
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Wow Lol I do have friends like that, however- you can make your facebook to where only friend can see your stuff. they have the friends only and friends of friends. But I too went thru needing to block people without getting them off my list, anywhoo congrats on teh little one!!! and good Luck on the friendship!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• if that was me i'd just say it while she's talking and if she doesn't hear you because she's talking then keep saying "i'm pregnant" until she hears you. when she asks why you didn't tell her, tell her what you just told us. she doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. maybe that will make her realize what she's been doing.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The friendship seems to be one-sided. It seems it's all about the me, me, me, me, me. o.0

Just email her and ask her to ask you "How are you?" or "How's it going?" then just tell her.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• LOL! I have a friend like that too. Life is really ALL about her & her family but I don't mind. She even leaves messages so long on my answering machine that she uses the whole message space up.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2011