Tomorrow :(

I go tomorrow to take my kids to a different state to stay with my mom and g-ma. I will be there a week then i will leave to come back home to start school and find a job. They will be up there a year or so. I will be visiting every break i get from school,calling and using the web cam. I know this is the best thing for everyone right now. I need to get an education and a career,but I ca't financially do that with 3 kids who would all have to go to day care. Moving myself is not an option. This is not going ot be easy at all. I am going to have the hardest time with my 1 yo because he will change soooo much! but by Nov. of next year I will be done with school and able to provide for my kids the way I am supposed to and I can be the mother I feel I should be. I know some won't agree with my choice,but it's not differnce then military people or people who travel for work all the time. I'm doing this to better my life and my kids lives! This is still going to suck!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• It doesn't matter if we agree or not. It is great you are doing something to help your situation. Imagine how stressed out you would be in ten years if you hadn't done this! If your mom and g-ma are good caregivers then everything will be good :) Keep your head up!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 9:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Good luck *hugs*
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Good luck to you, Im proud to see you working so hard to better yourself and provide for your children, It will be hard but you can be away and still let your babies know you love them. Hope this year passes quickly!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Good for you, mama. You know your kids will be cared for properly while you work on getting yourself the tools you need for their and your future.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thank you ladies...It's good to know some of you think I'm doing the right thing because I am struggleing with this alot. My now ex friend tried telling me I'm selfish and I am doing this so I don;t have to be a parent. she has 3 kid and a step son and is managing to go to school...her kids are also all in school except 1 she also recives child support for 1 child so uses that to put her youngest in daycare during the day so she can do her school work and her husband watched the kids at night and on sat. while she goes to school. I have a DF but his hrs. vary and he is on-call every other week so he can't watch the kids for me. She thinks I'm sending the kids off for my DF...it wasn't even his idea it was my moms and g-ma's and he loves my kids,but has said it's my choice to make. I could see her point if I didnt have any plans on going to school and working or if i was just giving them up and not looking back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I do have to sign over temp. custody,but that's so they can sign my oldest up for school and take them to the dr. and whatver else. I can just as easliy get custody back. I wish i would have waited to have my kids,but I didn;t and here I am so I am trtin to do what is best for their future.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Good luck to you and your family. I'm sure every thing will work out fine. Let this be a lesson to you to do whatever is BEST for you and your family and not worry about how people feel or what they think. You will find that you have more free time with DF now that kids are away; just don't let that result in another baby before you are ready.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I actually will have les time with him...because I will have to work at night so can go to school during the day come Nov. so we will hardly see eachother which is why i don't see why she thinks I'm doing this to be with him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hugs. It will all be OK. It could be so much worse. What a great thing for your kids and their grandparents. Stay tough for them and focus on the future. It will be a good thing in the end. Acceptance and not guilt is the answer. As hard as this is, do not feed the guilt side of this. It is your life and you will be making the future better. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Think of it as a long vacation with many rewards in the future. Let yourself feel good about this, be proud that you have found a way to make things better for all of you. It will go by fast and in the end you will be glad you did it. Do not let the burden of being away paralize your opportunity to feel the best of life and love. Look up "Two Wolves" a cherokee parable It is one I cherish. Good luck and for your kids, let them see you chin up and OK with this all, they will take their cues from you. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• For what it is worth, I can tell you that I wish I had done what you have the opportunity to do. I had a degree, but it was in Cosmetology and for me it did not produce the money I needed so I worked labor jobs for weak wages. We struggled through all of the years. A sacrifice now will help you in the long run. When you feel "bad" about this, remind yourself of the great things you will be able to do when you get this done. Picture your vacations and the things you will be able to do for yourself and your kids. Keep your thoughts focused on the good that this willl bring. There is no sense feeling bad. You will reap rewards from this sacrifice and the kids will have fun being spoiled by grandma and grandpa. Take each day and enjoy it. Good Luck. Feel free to PM me or add as friend.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2011