The CafeMom Ladies Advice About Men Tends to Be Too Harsh

I have always been told I tend to see the world through rose colored goggles. I take into consideration I always want things to work out. Knowing this, I still think that some moms on cafe moms give terrible relationship advice when it comes to men. It comes off too harsh, insensitive and not helpful to the poster.

Do you agree or disagree?

Edit:

After reading a few comments, I edited "some moms".

I am sure some women on cafemoms view themselves as being a tough woman. I want to stress there a a difference between a woman who would take a strong stance on a situation versus a woman who is just plain harsh and bitter.

Do not mistake my message by thinking I (or others) cannot tell the different between a strong opinionated woman and a woman who has been run over too many times by men.

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 9:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Well we have to remember everyone is different, some give tough love & some are more sensitive, sometimes we post a question & when we don't get answers that WE want to hear then we get upset & think those people are mean & what not. You can't sugar coat things all the time, especially when it's posts where a man is abusive or being an asshole to a women or the kids or even family or friends that are being mean. But I do agree that some women here do go a little over board with harsh comments that are actually more hurtful then helpful, so we gotta be a little more considerate on this site as this site is for us to help & support one another. =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Relationship advice on this website is like sticking your hand in a meat grinder and asking a compulsive button pusher to not push the red button.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I love red buttons
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• There are many man bashers on here. I always feel bad for their young sons who likely hear moms attitude about men. Not good for them to grow up hearing that. My younger sister hates men now but the reason she is in the spot she is in is because of her own choices. Her first childs father was a loser when she dated him and was having sex with him. Told her all along he never wanted kids she got pregnant on purpose and was shocked when he left. He was an ass but he was always honest with her she just wouldn't listen to him. Her second childs father she doesn't even know who he is. She slept with 9 guys in a one week period of course they are all jerks and she is a saint.lol All 9 guys offered to take paternity tests she refused so she can keep control of her daughter. Her poor son hears daily how scummy men are and it hurts him. Men are not her issue she is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I agree. I think often they forget to imagine being in the poster's shoes before giving advice.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• IE: Never ask Y.B.normal for relationship advice. lol
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It drives me INSANE to see people constantly - yes in my best Jerry Springer- Maury voice" Leave that looser, he isnt nuttin good"! lol.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think when you ask advice on here you need to realize you are gonna get all kinds of different types of people replying, some are very critical and not very constructive, some are just fluff and agreeable, and some offer some good advice that helps give you some direction, I think the poster needs to be able to filter thru that and find the answers that best apply to their situation.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I dont know you and you dont know me, so to answer the questions I only have my own experience and perspective to draw from. If that is harsh than that is my perspective. By asking a question in an anonymous forum you are essentially polling the audience. You are bound to get a myriad of perspectives to glean meaning from. Seperate the shaft from the wheat, so to speak. At the same time..... If the majority of people are telling you somthing you dont agree with than you should consider that your perspective is off base. If you think everyone or 'the world' has a problem, than you are most likely the problem.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think we're just venting.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2011