Do you think that some people are just born evil or do you think they are a product of their enviroment?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 9:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends. I think a lot of people that society considers "evil" actually have a mental illness and don't see things the way "normal" people do.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I firmly believe evil is a product of environment and life experience.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think it can go either way..
    Some people are born with a mental problem that they can't help (child molesters)
    Some people are brought up in a terrible home environment & they have a lot weighing on them.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think it's a little of both.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 9:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think it can be a combo of environment/upbringing and chemical imbalances.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• There are some people who are truly born with no conscience and depending on how they are nurtured and sometimes this is all crap talk. Jeffrey dahmer would be the first to admit that and before he died he did. He admitted his parents were never unkind to him he just did not care. So sometimes it has more to do with nature and less to do with nurture and sometimes its the other way around.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• They are born with it. There are alot of mental disorders that lead to sociopathic tendencies and no one knows why one child might be born like that then someone has other kids and they are fine. I have a son like that. He has a disorder mentally and nothing we do gets to him, its all about him. Would I call him evil? No. Id call him mentally ill.

Answer by gemgem at 10:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would say 100% environment and upbringing

Only because the people who have mental disorders and chemical imbalances would not have to suffer from their evils if they were raised by people who could teach that people how to live and be happy with how they were born.

Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think Sin is evil .. so technically were all born with evil desires in our heart.. its our flesh nature and usually the easier way to go. However- Not all of choose to let that evil dictate us.. and sometimes I think its enviroment, but sometimes not. I have seen terrible things come from a person, that the person came from a Wonderful family.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I believe you have the right to choose good from evil. It's just easier for people to grow up evil nowadays because society has changed to show that evil is ok. Kids don't ask each other what grade they are in now, they ask who their PO (probation officer) is. It's a status symbol to see who has acted up the most.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2011