Once you become a Christian, God will solve all of your problems.

Agree or disagree? Why?

pwfaith

Asked by pwfaith at 4:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Define being a Christian please? Do you mean born again? What is the difference from say being a Catholic?
    Anonymous

• Disagree. We have free will. We still need to be accountable for our own actions and solve our own problems.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 5:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I think it depends on how you view your "problems". If you view your problems as ways that God is working in your life to bring you to a final outcome that He wants you to get to...then yes I think that God will solve all of your problems, because in that aspect they aren't really "problems" at all. However, if those problems are sinful and you have given into Satan's temptations and you DON'T have the view stated above, then no I don't think that believing in God will solve your problems. It completely depends on your view of the situation and how you view life and religion.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• NO NO NO!!! god only opens up doors for you to work at solving your problems.. Its your turn to make the choice on what to do next!
    chelseychae

Answer by chelseychae at 6:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Disagree. The first image that came into my head when i read that question was inmates who claim to be "born again". You can't just ask Jesus into your heart as an insurance policy and then do what you want. What about you pw?
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 6:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I wanted to add to my comment that when I talk about the first thing I'm not talking about sinful activities, I'm speaking of problems...those two things can be entirely different. For instance, my mother hasn't spoken to me in nearly a month. Not because of anything I did, but because of something SHE did. Is this a problem? Yes. Is my mother not speaking to me a sin on my part? No. However, just like other problems I've faced, God always shows a solution and I feel that those times brought me closer to Him and made me have a renewel for life. God used those problems in my life to bring me to Him. These problems were not sinful, they were just merely that...problems.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I disagree with it. (although I do believe there are inmates who become Christians but still believe in paying the price for their crime, but they do change their life while in prison. We have a friend who is a prison minister).
    We are not promised an easy road once we become Christians. We still live in a sinful world controled be satan and will be effected by it. We can stand firm again it as Eph 6 says and we can make it through with God's help but we are not absolved from tests, trials and hardships. Infact Scripture says just the opposite, to expect these things once you accept Christ b/c the world will hate us and Satan will try to destroy us.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world." Enough said. :-)
    kscalhoun

Answer by kscalhoun at 7:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Ok, so maybe I should explain. Obviously we'll have trouble in this world, but this world isn't all there is...so take heart! Be encouraged! Keep on keepin on...for HE has overcome the world! As a Christian, with a special needs child...I'm VERY encouraged by that verse. Hope you are, too!
    kscalhoun

Answer by kscalhoun at 7:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Disagree. I believe God can help give you the strength to overcome or at least make it through your problems. But He doesn't wave a magic wand and make them go away.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2008