Does anyone feel like they have to ask questions anonymously?

I feel like I have to because I am afraid someone will say something mean or hurtful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I ask it anon when it's really personal.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yes. I don't ask stupid questions or questions meant to offend but I have asked simple questions and was shocked to even get rude answers. I also do this for that reason. Some people can be retarded. I asked a question about my cats one time and this woman told me cafe mom was NOT an expert site and I shouldn't be asking here. lol...I was like okay then why does it have a pet forum on here? I was just asking if two male cats could get along together. She griped me out, called me dumb for asking and said I didn't need cats. Wtf?
    Anonymous

• occasionally especially if the questions are for friends who don't have cafemom accounts
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 9:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• frustrated  That is all......

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• That is strange about the response to the cat question. I think I remember the question and felt it was completely appropriate but the answer must have appeared after I read the responses. I've only ever asked one question, and in my own name. But if it were an embarassing question I'd use the anon feature. I like the anon feature for that reason, that people can ask questions they might be embarassed about. The disadvantage is that people can ask trolling questions or make trolling responses, too.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• some people can be just so rude and hurtful that sometimes you would have to post anon. mayabe they just dont care or think that they are better than the other because its not their problem...I would post anon. especially if its a personal question...I have had to change a lot of stuff on my Cafemom because of those hateful trolls on here....
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Dealing with Rejection is one of those situations that can make or break a person. If you fear rejection then you are not prepared for it. There is always a learning experience from rejection that you can use to grow and surpass any negative emotions. Always look at the bright side. It is not the end of the world, A opportunity was just opened for the right situation that best fits your world to enter. You must remember that after every storm the sun rises after darkness you will always see the light and after every rejection you have gained the understanding on how to succeed in the next opportunity. Keep telling yourself this until you believe and own
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008