What can I do to make extra money without putting my kids in daycare?

I am looking for something, (i.e. babysitting, cleaning, etc.) that I can do, where I can bring my kids with me. I just can't find a job that pays well enough, and daycare is rediculous! I'm just looking for something I can do from home, and either doesn't cost anything to do, or doesn't cost more than $20 to do, like jewlery, I honestly don't know if I could purchase enough stuff to make and sell jewlery, to make money. Any suggestions on extra money making?

babygrlsmommy

Asked by babygrlsmommy at 10:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• you could do a inhome dayare for kids. if you like that stuff. i did it for like a year. or you could do like avon and stuff. i know alot of people that work for avon
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 10:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i clean my moms house, mostly the bathrooms, i sell my son's old clothes/toys to consignment shops, just had a yardsale a few weeks ago, i sell some of my food stamps i just take the person shopping and they give me the cash total that's on the receipt (we get alot & don't use all of them) i know that's illegal but i dont care i need to pay my car insurance and other things. craigslist is a great way to get rid of larger items you don't need. ive also done some things i'm not proud of and made a ton of money (not with my son around obviously)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Advertise babysitting service on Craigslist. I am babysitting twin girls and bring in about $700 a month. The trick is asking less than daycares. Everyone is trying to save money these days. Good luck!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Is there anything you could tutor others in? When I was a SAHM I tutored math, English, writing and test prep for the SAT and other standardized tests. The nice thing about tutoring is that you can charge more than you can for babysitting.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hello ~ I'd like to invite you to join our group "The Money Club", it's a group of moms who are uniting together in one business that only costs $5 one time! We just started about 2 weeks ago, and already moms are making money!!! Visit us at http://www.cafemom.com/groups/114497 ~ Monica
    RenderitDone

Answer by RenderitDone at 10:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for La Bella baskets and I love it and yes it is legit!:-)

I do this all from home:-) This may or not be for you, but thought I offer:-)

What are your passions?Can you afford $19.95 a month with no parties required,no quotas, or inventory? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check .:-) My check is on my profile, so completely legit! If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-) Which will be ending soon.
    After 7 days it's $19.95 a month! That's it!
    Great ways to make extra money:-)
    3 ways to make money:
    recruiting
    sales
    corporate membership accounts

Have a Beautiful Day!:-)
    Best of luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    Gift Basket Career
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think the best thing is babysitting in your home. I know I spend a lot on daycare. I pay $250 per week for one child. She has a business and a ton of experience, I don't think you can ask that, but you could charge $100 - $150 per week.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Holy cow, mompam, 250$ a week for daycare?! That's insane! Normal daycare is 150$ a week around here. Seriously, babygrlsmommy, there are alot of options out there. If you have a house, you could do daycare, but if you have an apt, you are pretty much out of luck unless you just babysit (and then you have to ask your landlord if it is ok, or he can evict you).The Avon didn't work for me, but it could work for you. Beware of those type companies, though. They have upfront costs and act like they are so easy, but you have to pay, pay, pay for everything! House cleaning is a good idea. I don't know if the people you would clean for would be too happy about you bringing your kids into their homes, though.... Good luck, I hope something comes up for you!
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Mompan Thats exactly what I charged when I did it too, per FT child (if there was 1 in a family) so like 4 yrs ago I was bringing in 500/wk for 2 kids (different families)....
    BUT OMG its gets Tiring real fast and yes you're home with your kids, but it really kind of defeats the purpose b/c you have to give all your time and energy to other people's kids.

I have a GREAT FT business, product free so you literally can take it anywhere anytime PrePaid Legal Services has given me as much of an income as my hubby makes in corporate America!....and yes of course people have to work what a statment...you dont have employees, but your commitment to you pays off......And IM

OFFERING THE BUSINESS KIT ON ME.....
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I understand how you want to be home with your kids! I work from home and love what I do! Here is a link you can go to to find out all the details! You said you wanted to start something for under $20..... til the end of this month, you can start for just $1.00!

http://www.HappyHomefront.com

Feel free to Message me if you want to chat or have more questions!
    Good luck!
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011