I'm so friggin exhausted...

from telling my 2 yr old no, get out of there, get down, don't stand on the end table, stop throwing your food all over the floor. aaarrrggg! redirecting doesn't work. i play with him numerous times all day long, we read, go for walks & swim. so he can't possibly be bored. i know it's normal but damn. i love my little monster w all my little heart. i'm just so tired of telling him not to do something, even if i give him a toy or put him in his room he goes straight back to what he was doing wrong. pretty much the only thing that draws his attention is his favorite tv show or movie, he'll sit there & not move an inch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He may realize how much it irks you which fuels the urge to keep doing it. It can be exhausting.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• maybe i shouldn't say anything and just physically take him from what he's doing wrong? that kinda makes sense. wow i think i just answered my own question. any other suggestions are more than welcome tho. thanks :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Aww I have a 19 mo and feel you pain :-/ Be strong mommy you can get through this :) and by the way I think it's so funny you can him your monster. That's what I call my little one, so much so I think he thinks its his name :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Exhausted is the perfect word you used. I am about to tear my hair out with the "no's". I am making up reasons to praise him. LOL. My mom and hubby say, "WE" just have to ride it out. Ummmm "we" ok. I have been taking him to do physical things more to get out some of his energy....swimming, going for walks, playing in the sprinklers. It helps a bit with the getting into everything, makes naps longer and he sleeps well at night. Then I have some time to recharge for tomorrows "no's::. Good luck Mom, here is to solidarity.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Just ingore most of the things, only say no when you absoutelty have to.

your lucky your LO will even sit for a movie, mine doesn't like TV or movies at all
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I feel you- I have 4 kids, and the baby is 2, so I know completely how exhausted you must be. I agree with the other suggestions- wear him out! If you take him to do things you know will wear him out, he will nap a good bit, and still go to bed and sleep really well. Swimming is one that does it for mine, although it does wear me out to take 4 kids to the city pool! lol Go for a nature hike(we did one a couple years back that lasted ALL DAY, and boy did they sleep well that night! lol I think I actually got to sleep in for once that next morning!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I didn't really say "NO" alot. It was just too much derogatory stuff in one day. Is he just wanting YOUR attention? I mean, that is a possibility sometimes. Maybe he/she really just wants time with you Mama. I didn't like them having tv alot.
    I always found it really helpful and enjoyable for us both or all 3 kids, to just get down on the floor with my kids and play with them for hours on their level. They had a playmate and therefore..they were not interested in other things I didn't want them into.
    Being a mom is hard in this sense because...you have grown up things you need to get done but...then that leaves the baby into stuff while you're trying to be busy. I just gave up on dishes, beds, etc alot during terrible twos and played and played with mine. Just an idea that worked for me. It made it pleasant for us both to get through it. It took months but, I didn't care. I did stuff when they went to bed exhausted
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have an 18 month old daughter who gets into a lot,she will look around notice you and start smiling.they do it too push your buttons.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 1:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2011