Has Anyone ever Co-Parented with a Sociopath?

I have a 5 month old son to a sociopath father and its causing nothing but havoc in my life! Anyone ever co-parent with a sociopath?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry. That has to be rough.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Yes. Mine is diagnosed with Narcissistic personality disorder, sociopathic tendencies, and an extreme hatred for women and children and I have to coparent with him. The judge given this information from a psychologist from CPS didnt seem to see how that would factor into coparenting.

Answer by gemgem at 10:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Ok I have to ask...ask was he always this way? Or is this a sudden change in his behavior?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• umm wow can you get a restraining order??? you too gemgem ..look for unsual marks ask for supervised vistations??? good luck ill give ya a bump hope that helps
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i dated a sociopath for almost 3 yrs, it was rough. can't you leave him?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Someone with NOD is very charming and can come across as a great person. Its a facade so it isnt as easy as saying were they always that way> No of course not. They lie. Its what they do. Until something happens that becomes about them. I have been through court 10 yrs now with mine and he gets off on taking me to court. I am back in court in fact right now.

Answer by gemgem at 11:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I wish my ex would be tested for all of the above! I am sure he would come back with a list longer than my arm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The best advice I can give is to follow only to CO. Don't do anything extra, keep him out of your personal life and limit your interactions with him as much as possible.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry you're in this situation. The best advice I can give is for you to DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. It's very important, especially if you want the courts to believe you about his sociopathic behavior.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You do realize thata sociopath has no reard for other people or animals, that they have no emotions hat are not self centerd, they can harm anyone that is around them wih no regard for human life.... be VERY careful... Dahmer, Gacy, Manson...all sociopaths

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011