I had a preterm labor test done last night. It was positive. Anyone else have this done?

So on Tuesday I had an NST done. Everything was ok but I was having pain and the doctor told me to call if it continued. I was still having pain last night so they sent me to L&D. I got here and was having contractions. I was also off the charts dehydrated. They ran a test to see if I was at risk to go into labor in the next 2 weeks. It was positive. They said it doesnt mean for sure I will but they cant say I wont. Anyone else have this happen? What was the end result?

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I always tested positive with the fibernectin tests and still carried past 36 weeks every time. if you were dehydrated that can cause preterm labor. If they took the test during the same time, odds are it would be positive. Hope that helps!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My sister tested positive, and still went to term. The test is crap. ((hugs))
    calebmama

Answer by calebmama at 11:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2011