Has anyone ever had sacroiliac injections?

i got my third one yesterday & the that whole side is very sore. the pain is about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. is that a normal symptom? i didn't have that the 1st 2 times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Health

• My husband just got done having those and he said the third shot was the worst. He hurt for almost a week, and the doctor told him that was normal and some can hurt up to 2 weeks. The shots ended up not even working for him anyway in the long run either.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I've had a couple of injections in my SI joint. I wonder if your doc didn't hit a nerve. I know that it hurts once the local wears off, but not for long. Maybe try ice and heat, and if it's still bad this afternoon, call your doc back
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I had one, and it made my pain so much worse, for about s month. They didn't hit a nerve, just the way my body reacted. Try acupuncture... It was amazing!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2011