I took a digital pregnancy yesterday to my surprise it said PREGNANT! I decided to take another one it said not pregnant so..

I figured I needed to use first morning urine. I just room the test and again it said not pregnant. Im so upset!

suzzanna

Asked by suzzanna at 11:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• One of the test could of been a false postive test. I had that too. but to really be sure wait until ur period date gets closer and if it doesn't show take the test again and see what the results are. And still go in to get a blood test done that is only the true way of knowing. GL
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• All pregnancy tests are fallible. If you are in a situation where you can wait, do so for a few days, and then test again. If you are pregnant, the hCG hormone (the hormone the tests detect) will usually double approximately every 2 days. You may still get a negative result up to 4 days past your missed period! Obviously, if you do get your period (keep in mind spotting is not a period), you are not pregnant.

If it is very important that you know ASAP (for instance you are on medications that could seriously harm the baby), have your doctor order a blood test. This can detect a much smaller amount of hCG.

Really, it all comes down to waiting. I know it's incredibly difficult, but it's all you can do with our current technology. Best of luck!
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 11:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'd do a blood test, nothing worked for me but the digital ones!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I have not had a cycle in over three years I breastfeed my daughter for two of those years. Om now waiting for AF to return.
    suzzanna

Comment by suzzanna (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2011