What is your favorite bible verse?

My favorite bible verse is Romans 8:38-39. It makes me feel so very safe and loved.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 11:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I receive......

The sufferings of this present time is not worthy of the glory that shall be revealed to us. Romans 8:18

Cast your cares upon HIM because he cares for you. 1 peter 5:7
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• jeremiah 33;3 'call unto me and i will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not'
    PeakMommy

Answer by PeakMommy at 11:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    (only the first 1/2 and must come from the KJV because it uses Hell instead of *eyeroll* "Hades")

Ecc 3:1-81 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven;
    (can't post the whole thing ... over character limit

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Be still, and know that I am God.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Colossians 3:12-15
    Today's New International Version (TNIV)
    12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Phil 4:13

" For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength"

pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

Love suffers long, and is kind; love envies not; love vaunts not itself, is not puffed up.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I always have trouble picking just ONE favorite anything, but here are a few of my favorites:

My favorite when I was a kid was 1 Corinthians 13 4-7

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".

I also tend to like the ones that parallel well with Buddhist teachings, because I practice Buddhism. For example, “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:44 parallels very well with “Hatreds do not cease in this world by hating, but by love, overcoming evil by good. Overcome the miser by giving, overcome the liar by truth.” Dhammapada 1.5 & 17.3
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• This is another one I really love:

1 John 4:7-12
    7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2011