What if you do not want to have a DNA test done. How do you avoid or get around having the test done?

The fact of the matter is that the father is on the birth certificate and there is a signed declaration!!!  A guy from my recent past is trying to cause waves.  He has went the the courts to try and get a DNA test.  At the moment I do not know if it is court ordered.  I am trying to figure out if the court can make us take a test or not.  I have not asked for any money from this other man.  I filed for medi-cal and food stamps to help me until the end of this month.  I am looking for work as my son is 3 1/2 months old.  I will be getting married in september to the baby's legal father.  The man from my past is violent and verbally abuses.  I have proof of this and all I need is some extra support from other moms and a lawyer.  I am looking into legal advice as well....It is a matter of principal when it comes to this test.  We live in a state where we should have rights to our own children and not every tom, rick, or harry shold be able to come and mess with a happy family.

kendra269

Asked by kendra269 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• if it is court ordered you are pretty much stuck doing it, if someone else just requests or asks you to you always have the choice of saying no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why would you not want it done?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why would you avoid it? Seems the Dad should know he is the father right?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Why would you try to avoid it? You should let person know whether he is the father or not. Its not right to hold that kind information from someone.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Just do it. Whats the problem? My ex accused me of having an affair because one of the kids is darker complected (never mind so is my ex) and I told him anytime. Id meet him for the DNA test with bells on.

Answer by gemgem at 11:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I like that some courts require a DNA test before assigning child support. A very smart thing to do. I wish the courts in my area did that.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would guess the problem is that she is lying, and the baby isn't his. And the real father is broke.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You all are not being fair. There are plenty of good reasons to not have one done. STOP bashing this woman!!!
    ScheNoe

Answer by ScheNoe at 11:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• This isn't even close to bashing! SceNoe you have been here long enough to see that. I am wondering Why? How can we answer this question in a helpful way without that information. This might not even be a real Op, just someone trying to get us riled up. Look at the level. I am certainly not going to answer untill there is more info.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't know Sche.. if someone doesn't have something to hide, they wouldn't have an issue getting a DNA.. Either mom is not faithful or they have a rocky relationship and the "guy" doesn't believe it is his. If I knew I had not cheated, I would take the test in a heartbeat to shut him up.. If this guy was my husband I would do the same thing but boy oh boy would we have issues of trust to work out..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2011