My df is standing up in a wedding in a couple weeks, but I haven't received an invite. What is the etiquette on this?

Am I supposed to assume I'm invited or not invited? I have no friggin idea. He thinks I should just go, but hasn't asked the groom. He's overly laid back about it. ???

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• He should ask
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If you're fiance is invited..they probably expect him to bring a date.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• ask, ask ask! The bride and groom need to know how many guests to expect and don't always plan for dates or think about dates in all the excitment
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You should ask because the tables are already set for people to sit so imagine if there isn't a chair for you? save yourself the embarrassment. ASK =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Your DF should have received an invitation even though he is in the wedding. I would ask the groom about it if you are unsure. Usually you send the invitations to the wedding party so they can choose their meal and indicate a guest. Just ask the groom or bride.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 11:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• How many weeks is a couple? Typically invites are sent out 6 weeks in advance.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My fiance was just in wedding too. I received an invite to the wedding shower but not the wedding. I knew I was invited anyways though from talking to the grooms parents and the groom himself. I guess they didn't want to waste a stamp or an invite when my fiance knew where and when the wedding was. There is always an understood plus one....you should go to the wedding and not worry.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• He needs to ask!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The wedding is July 16th. My df didn't receive an invtie. They told him they ran out. ???
    Shanna84

Comment by Shanna84 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• if he's a part of the wedding, from my past wedding experiences, i'd naturally assume you're invited too, especially since the two of you are engaged and you're not just some brand new girlfriend he picked up last night at a bar.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2011