Not trying to be rude or disrespectful ( spin off of another question)

So, there was a mom on here who asked about other polygamists. That's fine, to each their own. However, I am curious, what makes someone wake up and say, "hey, I want to share my husband, and have a bunch of other women in my house." I am a very jealous person, I will be the first to tell you, so this concept is just so hard to grasp for me. Especially for those who did t grow up in it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I would love to have more than one man personally, not a billion but more than one man so I am never sleeping alone at night.. I'll be dammed if I could ever share my SO with someone else though so i never ask or suggest it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Do you have sisters? Do you have close family that helps take care of you and yours like one of your own? Do you have sisters that you could sit and talk to and share most all your secrets with?
    That is what I see a polygamist wife getting out of this relationship.
    Anonymous

• maybe grasping at anything to save relationship and pressured by husband

maybe just plain old stupid

when someone does this, chances of having a good outcome are very slim (at best)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• But to me, that isn't worth sharing my husband, my soul mate... If he is truly the one, then he should be my best friend, the one I want to share everything with, help raise our kids, have our inside jokes, why would I need some other woman having sex with my husband to have that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Maybe they are women who want to share the responsibilities of home, children, and taking care of a husband. I think it is often the benefits of community living, shared responsibilities, and sisterhood that draw women to this lifestyle.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I'm curious too about that, I can't picture my DH being with other women to me marriage is sacred & should be between 2 people who are in love, it also looks a little sexist because I only see that the men have all these wives but I haven't seen a women with more then one husband, anyways I don't like that stuff but I do respect everyone's life choices so I don't bash anyone for the choices they make in life, hey if it makes you happy then do you as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You could still have all that, PLUS other women to support you. Isn't that why you come here? Maybe we all need a few sister wives, then we won't spend so much time on the computer.
    Anonymous

• I thought the same thing....I don't even like when other women look my hubby up and down. I would NEVER want to share him, the only girls that get to share him are my daughters!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would not want to share my DH but I would LOVE to share the housework and child rearing... I could never share my DH.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• my Man keep me satisfied and im doing same too no need to share .. can't imagin it even ........
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011