How do I get the baby to turn?

I'm almost 38 weeks, at my last appointment the baby had turned, so his head and back are now up in my ribs, if he isn't turned by Tuesday, they plan on giving me a C-section. I've been told to walk for an hour everyday to try to help get him down, but so far it seems like he is still facing the wrong way, has anyone been through this before? How did you get the baby to turn? I can't go to a chiropractor because my insurance won't cover it.

kyuteangl88

Asked by kyuteangl88 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A couple of important things to keep in mind. First, babies can and do change position up to and including during labor. Secondly, you do not have to agree to a c-section, in most cases breech is a variation of normal and can be birthed vaginally safely.  If they insist on scheduling a c-section and you don't want one, you don't have to show up, they can't do anything about it.  At 38 weeks you still have 4 weeks for your baby to come within the usual time frame, that is a lot of time for baby to move in time for baby's birth. As for things you can do to encourage baby to change position check out this site: http://www.spinningbabies.com

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You can always ask your doctor to try and turn baby from the outside. Before they plan to schedule a c section. Like mentioned above you still have about 4 weeks before you really have to worry about it unless there is a medical reason that they want to get baby out sooner rather than later. And also baby can still flip back around.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Well, he's transverse right now, so if I go into labor, they are worried about the umbilical cord coming out first so that's why they are planning the C-section :-/ Thanks for the website, I found a couple exercises that I wasn't told about :)
    kyuteangl88

Comment by kyuteangl88 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Babies like to utilize pre & early labor contractions. Scheduling a cesarean prior to this opportunity can leave you with more unnecessary risks.
    To avoid unnecessary risks, you can work with Nature.
    Prolapse is dangerous and uncommon, you have to weigh True Risks with this~

Cesareans are dangerous and doing what you can to avoid them is important for health and safety.
    This can mean paying out of pocket for non-covered procedures like Webster (chiro), moxibustion, pulsatilla (acupupunturist). Since these other routes are safer and very successful, it's worth considering.
    I know that some care providers will offer their services for free if a mom-to-be is facing a cesarean.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011