can you mix your breast milk together?

can you mix the breast milk that you have pumped with all the breast milk you have pumped

angi3555

Asked by angi3555 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you can mix.
    Anonymous

• I would think you can, but don't take my word for it.
    PhiLLy-StyLe

Answer by PhiLLy-StyLe at 10:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It depends on how long you have stored it and how you have stored it. Frozen breast milk is only good for 6 months and breast milk that is kept in the fridge is techincally only good for 48 hours. That is what my LC told me... I am not a nurse but I figure it is better to be safe than sorry. I would call a Lactation consultant to see maybe if you can get some exact answers. Good luck.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• You can but there are certain things you should do before mixing...
    make sure the new pumped milk is refrigerated for about 30 min before mixing with previously pumped milk. Also I don't think you are supposed to mix milk from different days together. I would ask on the LLL group or contact a LC for more accurate answers :)
    Anya0409

Answer by Anya0409 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yes. But you need to cool it to the same temp. And only combine the same day's pumping.

Keep in mind that a bottle doesn't need to be eight ounces. In fact, you could be looking at waste when you use big bottles. A little breastmilk goes a long way.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yes, but you cant mix fresh pumped milk with thawed milk.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008