Drunk neighbors & dogs off leashes

Ok firsr of all let me say we have had problems with these stupid dogs in my neighborhood. I have called the pound several times. Nothing is done because the old lady who owns them gives a sob story or lies and says they arent hers.
Anyway today another random dog came to the yard. I have a dog myself but shes tied up and doesnt hurt anyone. Anyway so I had to go out and run a dog off because my 6 yr old is big on reporting to me when one is in the yard. Its summer, I guess she thinks its her job. So I shooed off the dog.
About an hour later a drunk neighbor comes telling me about how the dogs come to his yard and he called the pound after he heard me tell the dog to leave. I have a dog outside like I said so he was all she needs food & water. She has water but we hand feed her otherwise she knocks over her dish. I physically have to go outside and feed her until shes done. Hes all well they might come over blah blah.
I am so frustrated and posted about it before was told how mean I was for reporting the older lady. Whatever. Now here we are its summer and my kids cant even play outside with these mongrels coming into my yard. So what do I do? Call the pound (again) or just get a bb gun.

Asked by gemgem at 12:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Pets

• bb gun! or pellet gun...if no one will do anything about it! Or try calling the police if the pound doesnt do anything. :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• please don't BB gun them, are they friendly dogs? can you catch them and physically take them to the pound yourself? I am not a mousekisser, but it's not the dogs' fault they are let to run loose, if you use the bb gun, shoot the old lady in the foot or something! LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The pounds been here 5 times now. Those dogs have killed two of my cats. I told my husband Im going redneck and getting the bb gun LOL

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• No they arent friendly

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• My back fence neighbor's stupid dog likes to jump my fence and get in my yard, and they don't seem to care at all. I called the police and they told me to take pictures of the dog when it gets on my property and that I can file a report . They do investigate reports and talk to the pet owners. (my city also has a leash law). My dad's former neighbor had a mean dog that used to sit at the fence and snarl, dad sprayed it with either water or amonia. I know he also dumped amonia along our side of our fence too. He also told the neighbor that if the dog ever got over the fence and went after my sis or I, he would take his 357 and put the damned dog down. Well that finally got the neighbor's attention, and they did eventually make a kennel for their dog.
    Pet stores might have some dog deterrant spray that you could put around your yard,
    (or maybe spray the dog w/something next time it is in your yard)
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thanks. I just dont want my kids to get bit or my grandkids.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2011