Do you stay neutral?

My daughter (12) is friendly with the neigbors daughter (10), and my daughter has another school friend who visits from time time. Long story short.

Her school friend (11) invited our neigbhors daughter to her party. The problem is my neighbors daughter always had problems with one of my daughters class mates who will be there and my daughter is friends with.

My daughter don't want to get in the middle of it, so she is undecided whether she will go, she feels I am friends with both and can't get in the middle of it.

What is a girl to do??? Then my nieghbor says to my daughter it's ok if you don't want to stick up for my daughter.. My daughter is like I don't I am friends with both people... OMG< I am like grow up, tonight I am going to sit with everyone and let them know. Everyone is going to have other friends and if they don't get along they don't get along period, she does not have to get in the middle of it. Mind you my neighbors daughter is 10, my daughter and her friends are 11/12.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think your daughter is acting very mature for her age. i agree with you and her that she doesnt need to get in the middle, because as we both know, when you grow up, you work with, and sometimes date someone who you dont really get along with there family but learning to stay out of the middle of things is a very positive and wonderful thing. I have a best friend and shes been that for 22 years, im 32 , and we have both had friends the other one didnt like but we have always loved and respected each other enough to say, if you see something in that person that i dont, than for you thats a gift or treasure, noone finds the same value in people, and your daughter is bright beyond her years. your daughter is such a sweet child.
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2011

• neutral yes, give her plenty support.
    Anonymous

• your neighbor was dead wrong saying that your child...SHE'S A CHILD FOR GOODNESS SAKE...i think your daughter is a mature, nice girl who wants to be friendly w/all and wants to stay out of it. it may be best she doesn't go to the party. neutrality is key, and your support will help her. sorry about this situation.
    HappyHmsklNapps

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 3:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011