How do you keep up your energy threw out the day and into the night? adult content

I have been up since 6 and its only 1. I am wiped right out and ready for a nap but the kids are not. Dh wants to get it on tonight and i don't think i can even muster enough energy for a quicky. I spend my days taking kids to the park, running my own business, and being a great wife. How do you find time for it all?

katie201005

Asked by katie201005 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Health

• through
    Anonymous

• Oh anon was that necessary?

Coffee is my buddy, my pal, my best friend. No when I cut out pop and such my energy level increased quite a bit.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I take a couple of B-Complex vitamins plus some D3 and that combination gives me just the right amount of energy, however, I can really feel it when I don't take it.
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Most days, I take a nap when my son does. Even if it's only for an hour, it gives me the energy to make it through the evening. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i snack on berries, grapes, cherries (the fresh kind not jarred) & other fruit throughout the day. I eat veggies during the day also. It's recommended that you eat 6 small meals a day. You'll need some carbs & meat too during the day. If you eat slowly it's more filling because it gives your stomach time to register that you're not hungry anymore.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I asked my mom the same question and she said she felt exhausted until all her children were in school. :(

I currently have a 6 month old daughter, my own home business and a SO who needs lots of affection after work. I am always tired, but I try my best to create energy.

I try to eat right because processed foods take too much energy to digest.
    I take Acetyl L-Carnatine Supplements and Natural L-Carnatine (increases memory and concentration, converts fat stores into energy and muscle), along with daily vitamins.
    I take a lot of short walks with my baby to get my blood pumping because we tend to stay inside all day. Its really hot here in Texas.

If I stray away from my energy plans, I almost instantly feel like BLAH. I cannot think of another word to best describe it other than BLAH. LOL
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Oh boy, I know that feeling! Try cutting down on caffeine slowly, if you consume any. Caffeine may help for a brief time, but it makes you crash AND you will need more and more to get the same effect until it no longer effects you at all (been there, twice!).

Taking a daily vitamin helps, but it may not be a very noticeable effect. On that note, make sure you have a healthy, well-rounded diet. A vitamin isn't a replacement for this, but a supplement.

Do you have a good mattress? You may think you have been sleeping throughout the night, but you could have been tossing and turning, disrupting your sleep cycles. We recently switched mattresses and OH BOY does it make a difference! They aren't kidding when they say to buy the best mattress you can afford.

Exercise daily! You'll be amazed at how your energy level rockets. You probably won't notice any difference for a week or so, but regular exercise will help dramatically.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I thrive on lots of caffiene
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Eat well.
    Take care of your body with nutrition and it will take care of you...lots of greens, fruits and food that is real. Don't eat anything out of a box or package...
    And EXERCISE, it's one of the BEST things you can do for your body, not only for your energy, but for your future health.
    Best wishes :)
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies so much! this has really helped. Anon, I don't know what you meant by " through" but i am sure it wasn't nice and please don't respond to questions if you have nothing nice to say. If you feel the need to be anon, then don't post. Thanks so much everyone else you really were helpful!
    katie201005

Comment by katie201005 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2011