Been TTC for 7 months with no luck. Is it time to see a doc yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you concentrating on doing it when you ovulate? If yes, then it's time to see a doctor. Don't waste anymore time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• When I first started trying to get pregnant my doctor told me if I wasn't pregnant in six months to come back to the office.
    CAMKsMom

Answer by CAMKsMom at 1:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It depends on your age really if you are under 30 then ideally you should be able to concieve within 6 months. Over 30 a year and then I dont remember the other numbers. I was married at 22 and we never got pregnant until just now 8 years later. I discussed infertility treatment with my doctors but me personally I just didnt want to go through it. However, in reasearch a huge amount of people that think they are infertile its really a timing issue. And if you do choose to see infertility the first thing they will do is have you start charting, ovulation, basal temp and lots of other fun things. So me personally if you have not done that, I would do some research on my own and start that so your ready to go when you pursue further.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Technically if your under 35 they won't call it infertility till you've been trying for a year, if your over 35 they call it infertility at six months and would start interventions then. But in the end it depends on your doctor and how strict they are with going by the book.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 2:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• we tried for over a year then someone told me to stop trying which i didnt know how to "stop tryin" but eventually i gave up and told him with our move id start takin bc and just try later on down the road.. i stopped stressin over it and continued with life and a couple days later found out i was over a month pregnant.. stressin over it makes it more difficult and less fun..
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 3:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Dear Friend,

try on alternate days in the middle half of your cycle to increase the chances of conception.you need to try for atleast a year before you require medical help

Regards,
    Dr.Goral
    Dr.Goral

Answer by Dr.Goral at 3:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2011