Do you believe the President is 'becoming an absolute monarch' on war powers?

Apparently Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) believe this.  Do you agree?

~~~

A House Democrat warned Friday that the U.S. president is becoming an "absolute monarch" on matters related to the authority to start a war.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) said Congress must act to limit funding for military operations in Libya in order to correct that trend.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Becoming? No. Trying? Maybe. That's why Congress voted as it did this morning.

From AP: House refuses to give Obama authority to continue US military operation against Libya

Haven't seen the longer writethrough on it yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I think he would love to be our King. I think many of his followers would vote to give him that power too. Obama bashed Bush over many things regarding the military but Bush had approval for the actions he took. Those who hated Bush over the wars should really despise Obama at this point. Odd they seem to feel it is OK if he does something. I personally think wrong is wrong and when Bush didn't like something I voiced that. I am not a moron who tows the party line no matter what.

Anonymous

• Anon, actually this is about a trend in many Presidents. Not just Obama... But, I do agree with you~ Obama is showing his hypocritical side in a rather strong and obvious way.. All while given a free pass by many..
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• From AP: House refuses to give Obama authority to continue US military operation against Libya

Nor I... I have only been away for an hour and have been camping/hiking glaciers all week... Playing catch up.. If I hit an issue that has already been discussed, feel free to correct me.. ;o)

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Hes trying, but he doesnt have long left in office anyway. His butt is gone in 2012.

Answer by gemgem at 1:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Glaciers? Sounds challenging! (I have a Walter Mitty fascination with mountain climbing. I will NEVER work up the nerve to actually DO it, though!)

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• gd, we started easy last year and recently did a mild difficult climb. With the right trekking guide, it is way more enjoyable (especially with kids).... If you ever make it to Alaska, we would love for you (and family) to join us.... ;o) It's gorgeous... Inexpensive (can rent gear)... and a once in a lifetime adventure...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Ohhh~ Here's the glacier we hiked/trekked~Matanuska Glacier... Absolutely Amazing....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Ole king Georgie jr. He should have helped king Obama with his phrasing so his war seems necessary too. I hope he steps down or is impeached buuut considering what the dip shit before him got away with I don't see that anything will be done but pissin' and moanin'
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 2:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Thanks for the vote downs.lol Always fun to see how many are upset by my opinion.lol
    Anonymous