S/O question of wedding invite.

So, I told my df that he needs to ask the bride and groom if I am invited or I'm just going to assume I am NOT invited. Right?? So now df is saying that he won't stand up if I don't go. Silly. I told him "hun its a little late."

So the theme of the wedding is redneck. It sounds like it's going to be pretty casual. (Based on df's description.) Should I just go to the damn thing?

FYI for future brides: Give invites to the people standing up in your wedding and invite their friggin significant others! It's proper etiquette and saves alot of friggin awkwardness!!

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL Id ask too. I know for a fact my dd got married and did not invite the step mom for a reason. My sons graduating next year and told his dad to buy his own ticket and not to think of bringing his wife. People need to be clear lol.

Answer by gemgem at 1:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Good on your fiance. That was the right thing for him to say.

I see in your other posts that they "ran out" of invitations. Most people with brains understand that you order enough... and they know to do their research to find out how to handle invitations. I have this feeling you're better off skipping this occasion.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• What did the envelope say? If it only said his name then you are not invited. If it said his name and guest then you are.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• i would just assume you are bc ur husbands standing. i would expect you to show up if it were my wedding.. but if your so worried i would def have DF ask :)
    Anonymous

• Oops, sorry @mompam. This is a spin-off from my previous question. There is no invite because they ran out. So DF didn't get one at all.
    Shanna84

Comment by Shanna84 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I am in 4 weddings.. August, Sept, Oct, and Nov. I have received ONE invitation and it had MR. & MRS. on it.. and I have children.. my cousin (the one who sent the invite called to inform us that since the fee for the place was a certain amount for up to 100 ppl any person after that 100 would be an extra 67 bucks for them to pay so she was asking us to get a baby sitter.. which was fine because i know she would love to have the children there but its hard to pay what she did for the place plus 67 buck for ALLLL the babies that came) soo she made sure she let everyone know since it was not clear.. as for the other weddings.. my husband will be attending all of them and they should not get upset if he comes because we are a package deal. i would go.. if they say something just inform them that they should have been more clear since you two are a package and that's how most weddings are. i wouldnt worry about getting him to ask
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If its a red neck wedding bring the whole fam damly! Thats the redneck thing to do! JK

Ive allways assumed that an invitation to one person includes thier date. When RSVPing I say 'yes +1'. Ive never been told 'No'. If they daont ask for RSVP than they arent counting heads anyway!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It hardly sounds a formal affair but out of respect (and in case the couple are easily offended) he should ask if it's ok to bring you along and it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to say he'd like you to come. If they said no for whatever reason (and I want to know what the reason was) it would be another matter for him to stand down or not. Awkward! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• If a father is told by his adult children that his wife (the stepmom) cannot come to a wedding or graduation, then the father should not go either. He should stand by his wife enough that if his kids treated her like that, then he should stand his ground and not attend the wedding or graduation either. That is just what my DH did, when my step-daughter called to tell him about her graduation and then told him that me & our children was not invited, only he was. He told her that is she going to be like that, then he won't come either, she just told him fine that's his loss, but it was really her loss.
    Anonymous

• Do you really want to go? I'd much rather spend some quality me time while DF has his own things to do than attend a 'redneck' wedding I wasn't even invited to. JMO
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2011