So I caved and put a dvd player in my 2 year olds room

So my son is scared of his new room since we moved and he's been sleeping on the couch for 3 months. I finally caved and put a portable dvd player in his room just for at bed time and it seems to work. He now sleeps in his bed all night. It was getting impossible to have any alone time with my hubby while he was on the couch. . . So how horrible am I for giving into my 2 year old? sometimes we just gotta do what it takes right?

mandar

Asked by mandar at 1:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did the same thing. It worked out great for us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Both of our kids have tv and DVDs and Netflix in their rooms. I say, as long as it is in moderation, why make a big deal about it? My kids usually watch their tv only when I am up putting clothes away, or cleaning upstairs...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I don't think you are horrible at all! I can't sleep without the light of the tv on..I'm not going to make my girls. They've had a DVD player in their room since IDK when..they are 6 & 4 now.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• You probably won't have ruined him for life. However, I may have opted for a night light, the playing of some music, a new "special" snuggly, or other non-screen oriented device.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• It's fine. It isn't like it's a TV and he is up watching cable all night! We have a TV is DS's room, but it isn't hooked up to cable. Only plays VHS and DVD. Good for when he is sick or needs quiet time or whatever.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would never put a tv in our son's room. If he wants a move he watches it in the family room.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• At first I was going to say no way would I put a tv and dvd player in a 2 yr old's room and then I read the rest and I completely agree with what you did.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2011